I wanted to understand the pandemic’s impact on the DESIGN, BUILD & OPERATE phases of the Real Estate industry, so I pulled together an expert in each to create the first TechBurst Asia Podcast Panel.
The global pandemic has impacted every industry, but one industry that will face more impact than most is the Real Estate industry. In this podcast panel discussion, we’ll discuss…
- Why it took a pandemic to kick-start innovation in an industry that is notoriously lax in adopting innovation
- Why focusing on the human experience isn’t optional, it’s critical, to driving success
- Work from Home – is it a passing fad or here to stay
- Employee experience & well-being – will corporate empathy last in a post-Covid world
- How what’s really changed is the speed of change
- Founder & CEO, Eight Inc.
- Founder & Chairman, x8ventures
- Author of the new book, Return on Experience
- Regional President, Bosch.IO Asia Pacific
- Division President – Corporate Solutions, JLL Asia Pacific
02:00 Intro to the guests, their companies and the role they play in the Future of Buildings
03:30 What’s something that the pandemic has fundamentally changed with your business?
08:40 Once you got over the initial shock of the pandemic, what opportunities did you identify that your companies should go after?
14:20 Let’s say that I am your customer – and that could be a retail store, an office tenant, building owner, or city. Not only am I trying to ensure that I can create a safe and secure environment for my employees/customers/citizens to return to, but also an environment they WANT to return to. What advice would you give me?
21:15 You each sell products & services to corporate clients, but people are the end users. How do you incorporate the consumer – or employee – or citizen experience into your work?
27:50 One positive that has come about as a result of the pandemic, is that governments have used the time to fast-track their sustainability initiatives – which will hopefully lead to more green & energy efficient buildings in the future. How has this increased focus on sustainability impacted your company and your clients?
33:25 You each possess a vision for what is possible – even if the market isn’t ready for it. Tell me about something your company has the capabilities to deliver, but you’re still waiting for someone to say, “yeah, let’s go for it”.
38:20 The pandemic has forced companies to care more about the welfare of their employees. The question is, will this corporate empathy last when we shift into the post-pandemic world?
43:00 What is your key takeaway that the audience should remember for the post-Covid future…
47:00 Fast and fun round of questions
- What’s your prediction for when we get back to business as usual – or will we?
- Tell me something about the future of work that will be fundamentally different post covid.
- Work from home – will it last in a post-covid world?
- Tell me something your company has done during the pandemic that makes you proud.
- In pre-Covid days, we all spent much of our time travelling around the world for our work. But those days are long gone. What’s the best – and worst – thing about not having the crazy travel schedule?
Video Snippet: Is Work from Home a pandemic fad – or is it here to stay?