In this podcast, we discuss Darwin’s delivery of Australia’s largest Smart City initiative, the tech being used to tackle Covid-19, and the impact the pandemic will have on Smart Cities
1:25 How did a surfer from the Gold Coast end out running the Smart City operations for Darwin?
05:55 Overcoming the data privacy challenges – how to build trust with your citizens
11:10 How has Darwin been impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic?
12:50 How can drones, robots & autonomous vehicles be used to help fight the coronavirus? And which ones have you looked at using in Darwin?
16:00 How AI – and facial recognition in particular – is being used to enforce violations against isolation and stay at home orders.
20:00 How AI is being use for contact tracing
- Citizen opt-in: Singapore’s Trace Together
- Government enforced tracking through mobile networks
- Enterprise focused: Vault Intelligence
- China’s QR code system – the medical passport concept
27:40 What impact will coronavirus have on the near-term future of Smart Cities
- Funding: Budget shortfalls
- Impact on technology vendors
- Regulatory impact – setting acceptable use policies around drones, AV and AI
35:30 The press if filled with doom and gloom – tell us something positive that will come out of the coronavirus crisis